Happy new year, yes I know it’s late but I hope my first article of the year will remind you that it’s never too late to begin again. For most of us the new year seems like a distant memory but I hope today to refresh your mind of all the big dreams, urgency and willingness to create positive change in your life. We don’t need a specific date to start to enjoy our lives, the time really is now. I believe it starts with the small things like, ‘thank God I woke up today!’ and even ‘I’m so glad I have expensive but convenient gas and electric to access today.
I'm challenging us to refresh and continue the year with a rose tinted view. Make a plan, read something that engages you, listen to music that relaxes you, whatever you do go back to the joy of a fresh new year. Turn the page of a new way of thinking. Choose to hope, challenge your fears. Spend more time thinking about what could go right and actually moving towards achieving those big goals. Believe in the power that lives inside of you. Refresh and go…
Call to action Revisit and refresh your goal list of what you hope to pursue this year, e.g. reduce credit card balance by £1000 by September 2023 or have a quality evening with family on Thursday
Be realistic and set dates and times for goals
Health at Home
* Create a schedule, times can be flexible, but it gives you a daily purpose
* Have a relax day or two, you can’t produce from a empty cup
* Get dressed in the morning and read a scripture, listen to morning motivation or put on your favourite song (that one that makes you sing and dance along)
* Schedule an hour to think things over then no more!
* Video call friends and family to stay connected
* Go for 1 daily walk, look at the birds and trees, appreciate the peace
* Contact creditors to make them aware if you are unable to pay (email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want support with this)
*Call National Debtline or StepChange for support with baliffs